Last Updated January 22, 2020
How Information Is Used
How We Share the Information with Third Parties
Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing
Security and Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Choices & Changing Your Information
California Privacy Rights
For More Information
Jimboy’s collects both Personal Information and Other Information regarding users of the Services, either directly or through the activities of third-party suppliers and service providers (“Suppliers”) and/or franchisees. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” is information that Jimboy’s can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. “Other Information” is any information that is not Personal Information. We may combine Other Information with Personal Information, and in those circumstances we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. The Personal Information that Jimboy’s collects may include, for example:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Jimboy’s Loyalty Number
- Financial payment details for purchases
- Financial and business information related to a franchisee applicant
- Financial and business information related to a catering applicant/customer
For information about Other Information we collect, please see the below portion of this Section, as well as the “How the Information is Used” and “Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” sections of this Policy.
Jimboy’s collects Personal and Other Information from various sources (including from our franchisees and Suppliers) that may include, for example:
- Information you provide directly when you use or otherwise interact with the Services, complete a survey, contact us through our Jimboy’s Support Center at www.jimboystacos.com/contact-us/, provide feedback and/or submissions, make a press inquiry, or submit information through the Services or in connection with a Program.
- Information recorded as a result of your interaction with us, our Suppliers or franchisees and/or use of the Services (including information we receive when you use your Program member card(s), historical sales information, your location information and information about the device you are using) or through our marketing activities (see the “Usage Information” and “Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” sections below).
- Information we collect about you from third parties in order to supplement our existing information about you. For example, your occupation, general geographic location, media and brand preferences, inferred interests, demographic information, purchase behavior, public online activities, and other information about you or your household.
- Information that you provide as part of entering a contest or sweepstakes online through the Services or through a third-party website. This information will be used as described in the applicable Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules.
- Information that is publicly available, for example information you submit to a blog, chat room or social media network like Facebook or Twitter.
- Information submitted in an online form for individuals interested in becoming a franchisee. Such information may be used in any application for a Jimboy’s Tacos franchise that you might later submit.
- As described elsewhere in this Policy, the Terms, and/or applicable Program terms, or at the time such information is collected.
We may combine information we collect about you, whether directly or from other sources, for example, our advertisements that you see. See the “How the Information is Used” and ”Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” sections of this Policy.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
Jimboy’s, our franchisees, or our Suppliers may use Personal and Other Information in a number of ways, for example:
- To help us better understand and serve our customers.
- To contact you by email, phone, text or other method regarding our products and services, including matters related to your account, your order, or your future catering needs.
- To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your submissions or requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to providing e-newsletters, webcasts, text messages, push notices, marketing, and other programs; and responding to Support Center, catering and other inquiries.
- To provide Services, Program and services functionality and administer the Services, Programs and services, including to let you sign up for an account, provide you with Program benefits, verify your participation in a Program or service, process orders placed and applicable payments, track submissions, and make your historical ordering information available to you. Note that any third-party information you provide (for example, your friend in a forward-to-a-friend program) may be maintained in connection with your submission.
- To send you promotional messages regarding new products or services, events in our restaurants, events that Jimboy’s or our franchisees sponsor, including but not limited to contests, sweepstakes and surveys, and special offers and marketing programs, which may include information about our affiliated company(ies), franchisees, and/or other programs with which any of us or them are involved, and/or information about third party products, services, offers or programs.
- To invite you to participate in surveys. Survey responses received by Jimboy’s may not be in an anonymous format and may be associated with your Program account or other Personal Information.
- To notify you of nearby restaurant locations based on your precise location, or to provide other location-based services (such as certain push notifications) if you permit our Services to collect such information. If you do not want to share your precise location with Jimboy’s, you may adjust your location preferences on your computer or device.
- To enhance our customers’ and Service users’ experiences in our restaurants, on the Services or in a Program, and enhance the sales efforts of Jimboy’s and/or our franchisees.
- To conduct research and analysis and to otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services, Programs and our online and offline marketing efforts, and to develop and implement products, services, and marketing programs. This may include combining Personal Information with Other Information and other Personal Information drawn from online and offline sources.
- To work with third parties to append data to our records or enable other parties to append Other Information to their records.
- To coordinate Program activities and communications with other communications and marketing programs conducted by us and/or franchisees.
- For purposes of targeted or customized advertising or messaging to you, including as described in the “Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” section below.
- To learn more about potential investors in our company.
Like most websites, apps and other like services, the Services gather traffic patterns, usage information, and similar data. This usage data may identify you individually and we may associate it with Personal Information that we collect from you on the Services and related to any Program(s) you participate in and as otherwise described in this Policy. (See the “Information Collected” and “How the Information Is Used” sections of this Policy and any applicable individual Program terms for more details.) We may use this data in aggregated form or share aggregated statistics about visitors to the Services with others outside of Jimboy’s, and we may allow third parties to collect and aggregate Other Information through the Services and/or Supplier sites accessible from or through the Services.
- “Pixels” or “web beacons” are lines of code used by a website or third-party ad server to cause a cookie to track a user’s activity on particular sites and/or using particular advertising/links, for example, to record that a user has visited a particular webpage or viewed a particular email, and to collect other information about that user on that site, including the IP address of the computer (and therefore infer information, such as geolocation), web pages being viewed, date/time viewed, and user activity on a particular page.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND TARGETED MARKETING
We and our Suppliers may implement and evaluate our marketing activities and programs, including to engage in targeted and personalized online advertising on the Services, on third-party websites, mobile apps, TV, or other online or offline services operated by third parties. This marketing may be targeted to you based on Personal or Other Information collected over time, such as through your participation in the Programs, your activity on the Services, your activity on unaffiliated third-party sites, mobile apps, or other online services, other marketing activities and Programs, and/or from third parties with whom we work. We and our Suppliers, including without limitation Facebook, may use Tracking Technologies (as described under “Usage Information” above) to collect information for such marketing and evaluation purposes. For example, our Suppliers may use the fact that you visited the Jimboy’s website to deliver ads to you on non-Jimboy’s websites, or they may use the fact that you used the Jimboy’s mobile app to deliver ads to you on non-Jimboy’s mobile apps. We and our Suppliers may also identify whether our marketing activities and programs resulted in you engaging in other activities on our Services, our advertising and/or marketing, making purchases from us and/or our franchisees, visiting restaurants, or otherwise engaging with us. In addition, we and our Suppliers may target Jimboy’s ads to you on your TV or other online services if we or our Supplier have identified you as a Jimboy’s customer using information we share with them, such as your name, email address, or mailing address.
We and our Suppliers may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, computers, and TVs) for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. We and/or our Suppliers may match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference that they are used by the same person or household. This means that your online behavior (information about your activity on websites or apps on your current browser or device) may be combined with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, our Suppliers may use this information to deliver an ad on your tablet or smartphone, to limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
You may opt out of certain of our or our Supplier’s targeted marketing practices in web browsers and mobile applications by following the instructions below. Please note that the opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. You will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt out again. Note that some Suppliers may also make their own opt-out process available. Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising about Jimboy’s – it just will not be tailored to your interests.
- To opt out in web browsers, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices, the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/consumers, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Consumer Choice page at www.youradchoices.ca/choices. Our Services currently do not respond to Do Not Track browser signals, but some of our third-party Suppliers may permit you to opt out using Do Not Track functionality.
- To opt out in mobile apps, please download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool at www.aboutads.info/appchoices and adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking; to adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
If you would like to request that Jimboy’s limit the use or sharing of your Personal Information for other targeted marketing purposes, such as to deliver targeted ads to you on your TV (where available), or other online service based on your Personal Information, please contact us by accessing our Jimboy’s Support Center at jimboystacos.com/contact-us/. If your Personal information has previously been shared with our Suppliers or other third parties, any request to limit such sharing may not be effective with respect to such previously shared Personal Information. Some of the Suppliers that display our ads on their services may provide you with additional choices to opt out of targeted advertising. For example, social media and TV providers may allow you to control your advertising preferences directly through their services. Please review the privacy policies of the third-party services you use for more information.
The Services are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please ensure that you use the Services with the permission of a parent or guardian. You must be 18 to use some portions of the Services. If a child under 13 provided this Site with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us by accessing the Jimboy’s Support Center at jimboystacos.com/contact-us, call us at 1-800-546-2697 or write us at Jimboy’s Tacos Corporate Office, 80 Iron Point Road, Suite 105, Folsom CA 95630, so that we may promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
SECURITY AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
Jimboy’s maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately though, we can’t guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. If you believe your account(s) have been compromised or your member card is lost or stolen, please immediately contact us by accessing the Jimboy’s Support Center at jimboystacos.com/contact-us/ and take immediate action to remove the credit card, Jimboy’s gift card, or other payment information associated with your account(s). Email submissions over the Internet may not be secure, so please do not include any sensitive or confidential information in your message to us.
Personal and Other Information may be transferred to and stored on computers and servers located in the United States and other countries located outside your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not offer a level of privacy protection for Personal Information as great as that offered in your country of residence. Further, Personal Information might be disclosed to governments or law enforcement agencies in these countries where required by law. By agreeing to this Policy, using the Services, and/or sharing your Personal Information with Jimboy’s, you consent to such transfer.
CHOICES AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
We provide you with the ability to review or change certain of your Personal Information and make certain choices about how we use or share Personal or Other Information. You may review, change, or exercise choice regarding certain of your Personal or Other Information as follows:
- To update, verify, or delete certain of your Personal Information, please edit the applicable account. If you need assistance, please contact us by accessing our Jimboy’s Support Center at jimboystacos.com/contact-us. Note that not all fields are able to be changed.
- To opt out of certain analytics tracking, online advertising and third-party tracking, see the “Usage Information” and the “Analytics” and “Opt-Out Choices” subsections of the “Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” section above. To stop sharing your precise location information with us, you may adjust your location preferences on your device.
- To request that Jimboy’s does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes on a going-forward basis, please contact us by accessing the Jimboy’s Support Center at jimboystacos.com/contact-us/.
In some cases this information may not be immediately updated, subject to retention for Program administration, dispute resolution, troubleshooting, and other valid legal or business reasons. Your historical usage information may remain in our records. Also see the “Usage Information” and “Analytics” and “Opt-Out Choices” sub section of the “Third Party Analytics and Targeted Marketing” section above for other limitations. Other choices may be available within your account page or presented to you in certain marketing communications.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, if you are a California resident, you are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or Suppliers for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the Jimboy’s Support Center at 80 Iron Point Circle, Suite 105, Folsom CA 95630. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
In addition to the rights above, California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.(“CCPA”). Please see below for our CCPA Privacy Notice:
We have collected the following categories (as defined by the CCPA) of Personal Information regarding California residents within the last 12 months from the sources listed below:
Identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth or other similar identifiers
- Our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf (“Suppliers”)
- Social Networks
Protected Classification Characteristics such as age and gender
- Social Networks
Commercial Information such as shopping and purchase history.
- Your browser or device
Internet/Network Information such as device information, logs and analytics data.
- Your browser or device
Geolocation Data such as precise location information from your device or generated based on IP address.
- Your browser or device
Sensory Information such as audio recordings of phone calls with us, where permitted by law.
Inferences from Personal Information Collected such as your preferences and your likelihood of interest in certain of our services
- Your browser or device
As described in the “How Information Is Used” section above, we share Personal Information with third parties for business purposes such as:
- Reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Other business purposes described in the “How Information Is Used” Section.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your Personal Information, including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you:
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected;
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete the Personal Information we hold about you.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. We do not sell and have not sold Personal Information.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-546-2697; or
- By sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may limit our response to your rights request as permitted under applicable law. The right to disclosure and right to deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks.
As required under California law, please note that we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide your email address to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. You will, therefore, need access to your email account to receive our communications necessary to process your request. Please make sure to check your spam inbox to ensure these important communications are not missed.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. We will require the agent to provide proof of that written permission. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request, even if you choose to use an agent.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights or any other rights, subject to the rights and the obligations under the CCPA, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts, loyalty program, or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
You may contact us with questions and concerns about our privacy policies or practices by contacting us using any of the methods listed in the “For More Information” Section.
FOR MORE INFORMATION